Saturday, November 30, 2013

Critical reaction by Todd Johnson

Since reading Todd Johnson first book "The Deposit slip" last year I have been eagerly anticipating Mr. Johnson next book and this book was worth the wait! This author is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors as he does an excellent blend of mystery,suspense with just a hint of romance. I did not think I was big into legal thrillers,but this author is making me reconsider.
After its heydays in the Cold War a nuclear power plant is hanging on,  the workers are told is safe and everything is under control, which they believe until an explosion in the middle of the night. Workers Poppy and Kieran believe they were lucky to survive the blast, but as they find a bunch of loose ends and unanswered questions they realize that more may be going on then they were previous told. As Kieran involves his old friend Emily to defend him in court, but she does not have the experience so she asks for her semi estrange Father, Ryan's, help. As they come closer to the truth they realize just how much someone is trying to hide the truth from them.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed a good read that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House but the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment