Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chateau of Secrets by Melanie Dobson

I was very,very excited when I heard about "Chateau of Secrets" as I am a huge fan of the Melanie Dobson's writings and love anything World War 2 related.I must say that the wait was totally worth it and this book did not disappoint at all! I felt that Melanie did a great job at capturing the times and portraying the war in a more realistic manner, bad things did happen and while the book addressed those things they did not dwell on them or give too much detail.
I love books that go back in time and have two heroines, surprisingly I liked both of them equally and enjoyed reading both of their stories. Gisele was a normal young girl who lived during extraordinarily hard times and has to make hard decisions, praying that she and those she loves will make it through the war. Chloe in present day seems to have it all, but when her perfect world comes crashing down and she sees what a farce it really is,will she be able to move on?

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical fiction and wants a small glimpse of what it might of been like living back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment