Sunday, April 14, 2013

In Broken Places by Michele Phoenix

This is the 2nd book I have read by Michele Phoenix and I must say that she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! Her books are full of witty writing, hard hitting stories and flawed, realistic characters. "In Broken Places" is a book that sticks with you long after you have read it. The story is about Shelby who has carved out a predictable life which is exactly what she wants after a horrific childhood with an abusive Father. But now Shelby's world is once again upturned when she is given custody of 4 year old Shayla. Things are overturned even more when Shelby accepts a teaching position in Germany where she is pursued by a persistent coach and learns more about healing and letting go of the past.
This book was exceptional and for me was a good reminder about the healing hand of God.I like how the book accurately portrayed how healing does not happen overnight and how God is continually working with us. It also shows the ravaging affects of an unhappy childhood and the scars it leaves.

I highly recommend this book, it is not an easy read as it breaks your heart to read about Shelby's childhood, but it is a book that sticks with you long after you have read it and I cannot recommend it enough.

 I received a copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers but it in no way influenced my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment