Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen

I have to start out by admitting that I have attempted several of Julie Klassen's books in the past and have not been overly impressed. Sure,I like the premise of most of her books which are along the lines of Jane Austen/ Charlotte Bronte. However, I wasn't crazy about the story lines and the characters. So it wasn't until my sister told me "The Tutor's Daughter" was really good that I decided to give it a go and I am glad I did,because it was an enjoyable read.

Emma Smallwood is use to be in control,she leads an orderly life with her Father helping out at his school. It is not until they go to Sir Giles Weston home so her Father can tutor his 2 young sons that Emma's world is turned upside down. She remembers Sir Giles two older sons, taunting unkind Henry and kind, handsome Phillip.
Strange things start happening at the Weston's house, what are the secrets the Weston family are hiding and which of the brothers should Emma trust with heart?

This delightful book has a Gothic air to it and whispers of Jane Eyre.It was a delightful read and I look forward to reading more of Julie Klassen's books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment