Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shattered by Dani Pettrey

This is the 2nd book in The Alaskan Courage series by Dani Pettrey which follows the McKenna family. Piper McKenna is devastated when she finds out her younger brother Reef is accused of killing a former love interest and fellow snowboarder. The evidence seems so conclusive as Reef is covered in blood and has eye witnesses. And yet Piper is sure Reef did not do it and is trying to convince her friend Deputy Landon to help her. Landon who is a old family friend is not so sure about Reef's innocence but he would do anything to help the McKenna family and especially Piper who he has growing feelings for. As Piper and Landon come closer to the truth will they be able to keep one step ahead of the ruthless killer and will they be able to admit their growing feelings for each other?

Even though I have not read the first book in this series, I really liked it and did not feel like I was missing out on too much. I loved how Dani Pettrey has an amazing cast of secondary characters, it made the story more interesting and makes me look forward to the next book in the series. The only issues I had with the book was the romance was a little over the top, some of the stuff was a bit much for a Christian book and I wish she had toned it down some. All in all though it was a good book and I am looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment