Friday, June 22, 2012

Interrupted: Life Beyond Words


I recently read "Interrupted: Life Beyond Words" by Rachel Coker,I was able to read it through netgalley which I just discovered (thanks Amanda!).
This book starts out with young Allie Everly who is taking care of her terminally ill Mother.Allie's life changes drastically when her Mother dies and she is sent off to live with a women who loves her and longs to make her feel at home,but Allie does not want a new Mother and she struggles with accepting her adopted Mother's faith.As Allie grows up and life changes because of World War 2 she comes to terms with her adopted Mother and realizes that her friend Sam is perhaps more important to her than she thought,but will he come home from the war and will her young faith survive whatever God throws in her path?

I must say that I was really impressed that this book was written by a 15 year old home-schooled girl,she did a great job and I look forward to reading her future books.This was a simple,sweet read.Not a very complicated store and fairly predictable,but it was refreshingly innocent and is exactly what you would hope a 15 year old would write about.
I would highly recommend this book and hope some of you will check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment