Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Cuts like a knife" Book review



I just now finished "Cuts like a knife" by M.K. Gilroy.This is his debut novel and I have to say that I am really looking forward to his next book which is due out in October.
This books is about Detective Kristen Conner who is good at what she does and yet is dealing with anger and hurt over her Dad's death a year earlier.Her whole career is put on the line when a serial killer comes to Chicago taking out successful women for no apparent reason. When Kristen learns that she is the next target things get exciting!

I would give this book a 5 star rating.It was one of the best books I have read in a long time.The book was exciting and interesting without being creepy (I was even okay with reading it at home by myself,which is a big deal for me).
I really liked the authors writing style,it was down to earth and realistic.The main character,Kristen,was believable,funny,down to earth and was someone most of us can relate to.She deals with anger issues,feelings of not being good enough and other emotions that most of us have gone through.
The book also has a wonderful cast of secondary characters which helped make it all the more interesting.
I am very much looking forward to the next book in the series due out in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment