Friday, April 23, 2010

Less is more.

Here lately I have been spending a considerable amount of time online trying to figure out how to maximize our money and to save on our grocery bill.I love a challenge and enjoy researching and trying to find the best deal possible,this is totally up my alley and I love doing it.:)
It is wonderful to me to know that so many others have done exactly what I am doing,have learned a lot and saved even more. I feel so blessed to have the internet where you have the world and every-ones work at your fingertips.
Right now I am enjoying this website
http://moneysavingmom.com/http://moneysavingmom.com/

it has excellent ideas,tips and is very helpful in saving you a lot of money which I am very excited about.

Another thing I really like is that the lady who does moneysavingmom has been in a similar boat as Chris and I are in now.She got married while her husband was still in school and she worked hard to help put him through school and not go into debt  which is something we are striving to do. So it was very encouraging to me to read how they made it and survived and even after he was done with school.

I am such a dork but the other day it made me really excited to think of how if Chris and I learn to live on less then once he is out of school and is (hopefully) making more money and we continue to live on less think of all we can sock away into savings! And if he is not able to find a fabulous job right away we will be alright too as we are not planning on changing our living standards regardless of what kind of job he gets.
We know a young couple who are expecting their first child this month and at the same time will be paying their house completely off,which I find VERY inspiring and is something I very much want to do.
And very often I have to remind myself that I need to be saving and not spending on silly things,I do not need anything but so often I think I *need* something.Going through Dave Ramsey was one of the best things we did for our pre-marital preparation and is something Chris and I agree on and are committed to.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany, Thanks for posting on my blog. I can't wait to pick a winner in a couple of weeks!
    As I started reading this post, I immediately thought of MoneySavingMom.com...but you already know about her!
    My husband and I have a goal of paying off our house before we have kids too. We have been married for 4 years and have a large chuck of the mortgage out of the way...only a couple more years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I would love to go through a Dave Ramsey conference etc... when the time comes too!

    ReplyDelete