Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Where courage calls by Janette Oke

Janette Oke is the first Christian author I ever read,I remember my Mom loved her books so when I was 12 or so I started reading them and I have been a fan ever since. I was absolutely delighted to find out that Janette Oke and her daughter Laurel Oke Logan collaborated once again and brought such a delightfully sweet story.
Beth Thatcher has grown up in a life of privileged and due to her weak constitution her Mother thinks she is unfit to teach in the wilds of Canada, but Beth is determined to teach on Coal Valley a mining community. As Beth follows the Lord's leading's in her life she finds that God has a lot more in store for her than she imagined for the town of Coal Valley is not what she expected, most of the women in town are widows from a mining accident and there is a lot of ignorance and hard feelings. As Beth tries to teach the children and make an impact in the community she is tested and tried. Beth's love life is complicated as well as two Mounties vie for her hand, one her childhood tormentor Edward and quiet, strong Jack, will she know to whom God has for her?

This book was a sweet, enjoyable read one that I would recommend for all ages, reading it made me realize why Janette Oke is one of the most famous Christian authors and why she is beloved by so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment