Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Return to me by Lynn Austin

I have always enjoyed Lynn Austin's books and her newest book " Return to me" did not disappoint. The book chronicles the lives of a Jewish family during a time of upheaval, when the Jews were able to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. It is a story of heartbreak and loss as Iddo tries to get his family to turn away from the Babylonian culture that is infiltrating their lives, as Iddo and some of his family leave Babylon to  rebuild the temple they are faced with more hardships than they ever could of imagined, and yet God is always there as they return to Him.
The story is also about Iddo's grandson Zechariah who is trying to help rebuild the temple, no matter the cost.As he loves a women who is following pagan traditions,will his prayers be enough to get her to turn from those ways?

I thought this was a beautiful book, the rich detail that Lynn Austin added to it made the book all the more enjoyable and I could hardly put it down! I recommend it for older readers as it does deal with some of the things that the Babylonians and Samaritans did at the time, which were not good to say the least.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House, but all of the opinions expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment